5 months old
Your 5 maanden old can:
- Sit in an high chair with backsupport
- Lift the head spontaniously while laying on back
- While lying on tummy, reach for an object
- While lying on tummy, support himself by leaning on the elbow and showing a proper head balance
- From lying on the back, turn to side
- Showing improved balance while being held up in standing position
- Enjoys looking at other children
- Enjoys being around other children
- Prsents to hold a bottle.
- Makes sounds of joy, vocalising
- wave arms and legs and wiggle often
- Reaches hands to familiar faces
- Is reluctant to strabge faces
- Shows discontent from certain foods
- Shows anger if a toy is been taken away
- The world is getting bigger through crawling and sitting! Baby will be more interested in the surroundings.
- The coördination of the senses improves, baby will try to grab oblects and manipulate them.
- Wil repeat interesting behaviour that accidentally happened, such as kicking against a musical mobile while laying underneath it, to make the object move.
- Regognizes the effect of his own behaviour on the world around him. For example, will smile to trigger a return smile from a caretaker
- Is fascinated by games like "peek a boo" but is not able to join in yet most of the time
- Makes lots of sounds, "babbles"
- Understands "bye"and 'hi"
- Makes efforts to reproduce sounds from the environment
- Recognizes mums voice
- Makes sounds that clearly show joy or frustration