7 months old
Your7 maanden old can:
- Sit with support
- Stand with suport, knees and legs straight
- "jump" when exited
- While lying on back, kick legs
- While lying on tummy, trying to pull himself forward with hands on the floor (without succes)
- Pick up a toy with the hand
- Follow a moving small toy with his
- While lying on tummy, use hands for support
- While lying on tummy, turn head in all directions
- Play with own feet
- Touching own mirror image
- Be intrigued by the baby in a moirror, not recognizing himself in it yet.
- Have a strong preference for certain people
- Hold his own spoon and cup
- With help, drink from a cup
- Likes to watch other children and likes to be around other children
- Makes loud noises when a caretaker leaves the room
- Makes loud noises if he accidentally drops a toy and can't get to it
- Be happy for his own accomplishments and expressing that by making happy noises
- Shows gratitude and affection to caretakers
- Realizes that he is the same person today as he was yesterday
- Makes eye contact if name is called
- The world is getting bigger through crawling and sitting! Baby will be more interested in the surroundings.
- The coördination of the senses improves, baby will try to grab oblects and manipulate them.
- Wil repeat interesting behaviour that accidentally happened, such as kicking against a musical mobile while laying underneath it, to make the object move.
- Regognizes the effect of his own behaviour on the world around him. For example, will smile to trigger a return smile from a caretaker
- Is fascinated by games like "peek a boo" but is not able to join in yet most of the time
- Talks to his toys
- Listen to music and "sing"
- Understands "bye"and 'hi"
- Mkaes all sorts of combinations of vowels and consonants such as ‘ah-ah-ah, oh-oh-oh’
- Makes recognisable efforts to reproduce sounds from the environment