4 months old
Your4 maanden can:
- Keep the head upright without support
- Lift the head 90 degrees while lying on the tummy
- Look straight ahead
- Open and close the hands regularly
- Consciously kick with the legs, simultaniously or alternating
- Play with own hands and with clothes
- Reacts when someone is showing a bottle
- laugh loudly
- Express anger by making powerfull movements with arms and legs
- Express joy by kicking, opening the mouth, breathe deeper, smile and make soft noises.
- Smile to respond to seing a familiar face.
- Repeating own behaviour that is discovered
- Adjust behaviour to the surroundings in a simple way. For example, your child will suckle the breast in a different way than it would suckle a toy
- Anticipate certain events slightly, for example, a hungry baby will stop crying if a parent enters the room.
- Imitate facial expressions from a caretaker. Even 24 hours afters watching them!
- From the third month onwards your baby will respond to the caretaker by maiking noises and laughing. Baby will begin to discover differetn oises he/she can make.
- Discover the surroundings with better developed motor skills (like kicking, reaching, grabbing), though stil very uncoordinated.
- Search for the source of a sound with eyes
- Smile to you while making sounds
- Laugh as a response to a funny or happy sound
- make noises to people
- Show an interest in the movemnets a caretakers'mouth makes while speaking and mimicking without the sounds
- Make noises that increase/ decrease from soft to loud and low to high.