9 months old
Your 9 maanden old can:
- Sit longer than 10 minutes and the legs are less spread during sitting.
- can pick up a toy and sit straiht up afterwards.
- From a lying down position, go straight to sitting up position.
- Move forward while laying on the tummy, pushing against the floor with the feet.
- Ca stand up whilst holding something for support.
- Pick up a bal that is rolled towards him/her
- Pass a toy from one hand to another.
- Can use indexfinger or middlefinger and thumb to hold smaller items.
- Wants to get back his favorite toy if that is being taken from him, will get angry it that is not given back.
- Eat bread holding it with hands
- With the help from a caretaker, drink from a cup.
- Have a great preference for certain adults and cry if they leave.
- Play very simple games
- Trying to "join in" in activities around him
- Shows interest in other children now
- Mimick sounds of other children
- act with intention, for example opening a bottle with the intention to drink
- anticipate to certain events. For example, rach the arms up and cry whem mum seems te be getting ready to leave.
- Get more interested in observing others and mimicking tis behaviour later. For example, after seeing a sibling stirr with a spoon or push a toy car, trying this him/herself.
- Understanding more and more that an object still exists even when it is out of sight. blijft bestaan, ook al is het uit het zicht). When an object is hidden, the baby will search for it.
- But your baby will still search object in the place that they were many times before, even if they see it being hidden somewhere else.
- Solving simple problems that have been experienced before.
- Says one word scentences often now
- Understands the word "no"
- Stop an activity if name is called
- Use a litle bit of sign language
- Play games like peek a boo